Friday, May 7, 2010

Unhealthy Obsession: Brogues Part I





I should probably be sent to some mental institution for my unhealthy obsession with brogues.

The fact that I go absolutely postal for anything and everything that vaguely resembles a dandy man shoe.
But there's something about the humble winkle-popper (yeah apparently that's actually a real term for it) that I just can't get out of my head. Something that evokes the air of the well-heeled dandy gentleman of leisure (I am a bit in love with the idea of the failing 19th century European aristocrat who was good at nothing and yet brilliant at everything, and were I a man, I'm sure I would have come up with the idea for the classic nothingness novel: 'The Life & Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman' and its French counterpart)

I could go brogue stalking forever. I should probably branch out and have more of a love affair with other types of shoes (I am a bit of a boot stalker as well) but it probably isn't going to happen anytime this week (or the next...but no guarantees about the week after next...I could have found a completely new thing to go mental for...)

With so much to love from classic, impeccably made Ballys (I'd pretty much just met the man but I'd decided we were going to be firm friends after sighting his babies) to rain-splattered slightly whorey cut-out pair (I did feel terribly sorry for my friend as they probably weren't the proper foot attire for a downpour) or Steph's adorable (similarly rain splattered) vintage and much loved-and-abused richelieus (yes they sound so much classier en francais)...

How could you not love a good brogue?

Get your dandy factor on this week.

And send much love to your mamas today!

Love

xo

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment