Saturday, April 10, 2010

Private School Boys & Bulldogs





When I was younger, I really wanted to date an aristocratic, posh and preppy boarding school boy from Eton.
He would be suitably debonaire, take me out to afternoon tea, speak with a perfect British accent, have excellent taste in music, art and theatre, and be fluent in multiple European languages.
He would also dress the part. Tailored blazers, V-neck sweaters, perfectly cut button ups and trousers (yes aha! Not jeans...proper pleated trousers) and brogues.


Sadly it never came to pass. Enough said.

However - I still never quite got over my love affair with brogues of all colours and styles. I really want to get an awesomely ugly bulldog who bounds around in a dandy bow tie like the Opening Ceremony dog there. Ideally, I'd call him Winston as well. Or Nigel. Nigel's a pretty good name for a bulldog. And ever so often...I do adore borrowing from the boys, pulling off a shrunken blazer, a slightly quirky shirt (this one's from a niche little Malaysian label called Dude & Duchess), cuffed shorts, a big brown beaten up satchel and walking out the door sipping a beautiful single malt and feeling suitably posh and snooty.

Love

xo

Bec

Image of Bulldog courtesy of Opening Ceremony lookbook
Image of brogues courtesy of Madewell lookbook on Refinery 29


Other image - Self explanatory self service

No comments:

Post a Comment