Monday, September 13, 2010

Ingrid



Some friendships were just meant to happen.
And when I say 'meant to happen'...I mean like the mega friendship version of 'Kismet' (yeah ain't that a better way of saying 'fate' or 'serendipity'...after Cusack and Beckinsale half ruined the concept for me)
And some people are just kind of ah-mazing. So you feel really lucky knowing them.

The lovely, divine and perenially chic Miss Ingrid definitely strikes two for two on the above.
And, oh is it ever so splendid! Meeting of the minds. Endless talks of models, Laduree macarons, Paris, the Asian art of tea and more. Candid and sparklingly witty. Our shopping/'ladies who lunch' dates are the stuff epic sartorial fantasies are made of. Blessed with the most amazing armoire I have ever seen (okay...confession...I haven't actually SEEN it yet...I just kind of sadly perve every single time I see her) Only deliciously full of the most glorious vintage designer. Ever. Dedicated to the art of living. Beautifully. Making her a girl after my own heart...

I find it hard picking out of all her amazing ensembles (it makes me wish I could just photo-stalk her every day...okay that just came out sounding unnecessarily creepy)...

But her vintage, purple Chanel jacket really takes the cake...




A steal from Washington. Those damn senator's wives. Vibrant and boldly luxe. They just don't make it like that anymore. Paired decadently yet effortlessly with a knotted Hermes (incidentally I'd like to add at this point that we are scarf twins - except I have the mini version...oh that delightfully sinful little indulgence also known as the Twilly...how you will kill me one day) The perfect pick-me-up for a typical schizophrenic (I can't decide whether it's sunny or kill-myself-gloomy) Melbourne 'early Spring' day.

Much like the lovely mademoiselle herself. Who adds that extra dash of sparkle and fantasy to the banal. Who is, much like our joint idol La Mademoiselle herself, the epitome of style and substance (scary legal eagle mind alert)...

And divine sartorial kudos aside - a truly wonderful friend...

Hug your BFFs today. Because you know you want to...
Especially when they wear vintage Chanel...

Love and kisses

xx

Bec

PS. If you didn't know that La Mademoiselle is my way of saying Chanel - I still love you anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment